Welcome to the TC Twice Resource Center.
A special section of the TCRC dedicated to guys who have lost both testicles.
- Nick O'hara-Smith- UK
- Diagnosed at age 34 (Dec 87) with Bilateral Seminoma in the UK. Treated with
Radiation. Nick has lived in the US, Canada and elsewhere, but is back in the UK now. He has experienced all there is to
experience with HRT, and is our resident expert on testosterone deficiency and supplementation.
- Jim - USA
- First diagnosed at age 30 (Aug 87) with Stage IA Non-Seminoma. Treated
with RPLND. Again diagnosed at age 39 (Dec 96) with Stage I Seminoma.
Treated with surveillance. Married, but unable to make babies.
Using depo-testosterone hormone therapy (butt-shots).
- Todd - USA
- First diagnosed at age 25 (Mar 90) with Stage IS Non-Seminoma
(marker positive). Treated with chemotherapy. Again
diagnosed at age 33 (Feb 97) with Stage IS Non-Seminoma (marker
positive). Treated with chemotherapy. I have been using
Androgel for testosterone replacement since 2000 with very
- Tim - USA
- First diagnosed at age 31 (Nov 92) with Stage I Non-Seminoma
(100% embryonal). Treated with surveillance. Again diagnosed
at age 34 (May 96) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with radiation.
Married with 3 kids, all conceived after the first cancer.
- Jeff Kinney -
- Diagnosed at age 28 (Jul 98) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with
Radiation. Previously lost the other testicle due to atrophy. Married
with 3 kids. Prefers Delatestryl hormone therapy.
- Marty Uhlik - Taylor, Michigan
- Diagnosed at age 39 (Jan 97) with Stage III Seminoma. Treated with chemo.
Born with an undescended testicle - although it was so atrophied that the
doctors only a found a dried up object resembling a raisin, which they left
behind. When cancer was diagnosed in the normal one, they also found it in
the undescended one. Now receiving hormone replacement. I am available to
volunteer as a speaker at and for cancer related functions. Humor is important:
Although I am a "bonafide" eunuch, I still have plenty of balls.
I just carry them in my pockets now. Married with two kids.
- Marty - Connecticut
- Diagnosed at age 33 (Aug 95) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with radiation.
Again diagnosed at age 38 (Jun 00) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with surveillance.
Using androderm now, but hope to try androgel in the near future.
- Terry- Yorkshire UK
- Terry is in the UK. First diagnosed 1983 with teratoma and treated with radiotherapy.
Second diagnosis 1997 (14 years later) seminoma was not totally eradicated. Lymph node
involvement was treated with chemotherapy in 1999. He has done the rounds of testosterone
replacement therapy. Having rejected implants (pellets) on several occasions, then got
a pin-cushion bum from Sustanon injections, he has been using Androgel (Testogel UK)
successfully since 2003.
- Joe - Long Island, NY
- First diagnosed at age 31 (Oct. 98') with stage 1 seminoma. Treated with
radiation. Again diagnosed at age 34 (July 01') with stage 1 seminoma. Will
treat with surveillance. Just started Androgel (Aug. 01'). Married with two
Click on this to go back to the TCRC main page:
This page was last updated on
Dec 05, 2012